The Family Museum's mission, vision, and value statements compliment and support the over-arching direction of the City of Bettendorf, Iowa.
The Museum's VisionThe Museum envisions a community that is increasingly vibrant, engaged, and resilient because it recognizes and develops the potential of its children.
The Museum's Mission
Inspire, connect, and strengthen our community by enriching the lives of our children today and expanding their capacity to shape their future.
Engage families, caregivers, and teachers with children eight years and under in active play and learning experiences and environments that spark their curiosity, explore their interests, foster their potential and nourish a sense of belonging.
Commitments of the Museum
- We welcome all children, their parents, grandparents, caregivers, and teachers from cities, towns, neighborhoods, and communities across the Quad Cities.
- We create experiences that make children 8 years and under, their play, development and creative potential visible to themselves, their families, and the community.
- We bring children and families together around shared interests and with the community, its people, and places as a backdrop for exploration and discovery.
- We participate in partnerships and networks with organizations and groups that share our interests in children's well-being and potential in order to enlarge our impact.
- We encourage all citizens to take an active interest and role in the lives of all our children.
- We advance our communities' interest in the future by facilitating public dialogue about children's well-being.
- We work together to be effective as an organization in order to serve children and the community well.