Basic Field Trip Information
What's Included: Includes an orientation by Museum staff and independent exploration of all the permanent and traveling exhibit galleries.
Times Offered: Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fees: $3 per child for the field trip.
Adult Chaperones: One adult for every six children is required and will be admitted free. Additional adults $3 each.
How to Register for a Field Trip
Call Julie at (563) 344-4170, or email at email@example.com, Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. for a field trip.
Please have the following information ready:
- Date and time you would like to schedule including possible alternative dates.
- Group name, mailing address information, phone number, e-mail address and Fax number if available.
- Your name and phone number.
- Number of students, their grades/ages and any special needs.
- Number of accompanying adults. (One adult for every six children is required and will be admitted free along with the teacher. Additional adults $3 each.)
- When you register for a field trip, request a copy of the Illinois or the National Science and Art Learning Standards addressed by these exhibits if you would like to have that information included in your confirmation packet.
Eating at the Museum
The Family Museum has limited indoor and outdoor eating spaces available for any group scheduled over the noon hour. If you would like to reserve lunch facilities for your group, please make arrangements while scheduling your visit. Local parks and fast food restaurants are available within a few blocks of the Museum.
Shopping at the Corner Store
While you are visiting the Family Museum stop by our Corner Store. You will find terrific exhibit-related items, books, teaching materials and a section designed especially with your field trip kids in mind. A 10% discount is available for educators on the day of their class visit.