Purchasing a Family Museum membership is the best, most economical way to enjoy all that the Museum has to offer all year long! Our members play a vital role in supporting the highest quality exhibits and educational programs, and the Family Museum offers its members unique and exciting programs, exhibits, and special events in return for their generous support. To become a Family Museum member, you may download our Membership Application and either mail or bring it in to the Museum with payment.
- Free admission to the Family Museum for one full year
- Free admission to all weekly drop-in classes and activities
- Free admission passes for guests
- Weekly e-newsletter highlighting fun activities, events, and exhibits showcased at the Museum
- Exclusive invitations to members-only events and exhibit openings
- Association of Science & Technology reciprocal admission program to over 275 science and youth museums worldwide, (reciprocity is not applicable to the Putnam Museum/IMAX Theatre)
- Discounts on birthday parties and Corner Store purchases
- "PLUS" memberships also include Association of Children's Museums reciprocal admission program to over 130 children's museums nationwide
- Up to $75 of your Family Museum membership is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law
Basic Membership $60
Includes at least one adult and one other member. You can add-on additional adults and children that reside in the same household for an additional cost.
Child Add-Ons: Allows each additional child (one year old and older) living in the same household to be added to your Basic Membership. If only one adult residing in the household will be on the card, then the first child may be substituted for the second adult in the Basic Membership.
Child Add-On Fee Structure:
Child #1 and #2: $15 each
Child #3 and #4: $10 each
Child #5+: $5 each
- Adult Add-On ($25): Allows each additional adult living in the same household to be added to Basic Membership.
- Babysitter Add-On ($15): Allows you to add a babysitter to your membership. This person will only be admitted as a babysitter for your children and may not accompany you when visiting the Museum. You may add as many babysitters as you wish at $15 each, however only one babysitter at a time will be admitted per visit.
ACM Add-On: Provides reciprocal admission to Association of Children's Museums member museums. You also receive two additional guest passes to the Family Museum. Per ACM and the Family Museum, membership must carry a base price of $115. Thus, your membership price may be adjusted accordingly. (Minimum of $25)
Grandparent Membership $75
Provides two grandparents residing in the same household and up to 5 grandchildren membership to the Museum. Grandchildren must be accompanied by their grandparents when visiting the Museum. All Basic Membership benefits apply. Normal admission rates will apply to each additional grandchild. The only Add-On Option for the Grandparent Membership is the ACM Add-On (see above) for $40.
Family Triple Membership $195
Two adults and up to four children under the age of 18 in the same household may enjoy all basic membership benefits at the Family Museum, Putnam Museum, and the Niabi Zoo. Also includes reciprocity through ASTC and the Zoological Association. This package is valued at $245. You may add the ACM Add-On Option for $40. You may also add the Babysitter Add-On Option as seen above for $50.