The Family Museum is a great place to host your next gathering.
The Family Museum facility is available for rental. Download the PDF here.
After Hours Facility Rental
The Family Museum is available on a contractual basis to private parties who wish to rent the facility on Friday or Saturday evenings between the times of 6:00 pm and 10:00 pm.
The standard rental fee for private party facility rental is as follows:
- $600 for two hours, up to 125 people.
- $1200 for four hours, up to 125 people.
- Non Profit Organizations may be given a discount at the discretion of the Director or the Business & Community Relations Manager. Proof of 501C3 status is required.
- $200 deposit required upon booking. This will be applied toward rental cost.
- $100 refundable damage deposit required upon booking.
- Full refund of deposits will be given if cancellation of event is made in writing no less than 7 days in advance.
- Proof of Insurance is required for all facility rentals.
- Private parties must list the Family Museum as an additional insured on their insurance policy with coverage up to $500,000. A copy of said policy must be provided in advance.
Payment of the remainder of the rental is due the day of the event - no exceptions.
The renting party is responsible for any damage, accidents, or injuries that may occur during the party or event.
Twelve (12) banquet style tables and up to 125 chairs are available at no additional cost.
Renter must act as the host and may not charge for goods or services at said event.
Alcohol is not permitted under any circumstances.
Private party facility rental includes use of the Family Museum’s Great Hall and Exhibit Gallery. *Please Note: No food is allowed in the Museum Exhibit Galleries.
At least one Family Museum employee will be on site for setup, the event itself, and teardown.
Additional after hour rental arrangements can be made in advance for additional fees.
- Imagination Studio: $350 for two hours for up to 50 people.
- A Museum Facilitator present will cost $450 for two hours for up to 50 people.
Meeting Room Rental
Meeting Rooms are available at a cost of $150 for 2 hours (during regular hours of operation only)
Use of room does not include use of the Family Museum galleries, drop-in programs, Luckey Climber, Imagination Studio, courtyard, special events, or other activities. If you wish to use Family Museum exhibits and activities, you MUST pay the group rate of $6 per person.
- 12 banquet style tables and up to 125 chairs are available at no additional cost.
- Renter must act as the host and may not charge for goods or services at said event.
- At events in which minors will be present, there must be at least a 6:1 child to adult ratio.
- Proof of insurance is required for all facility rentals.
- All rentals maybe subject to Family Museum Board approval.
- Rentals and usage may be restricted or denied based on availability, breech of building fire code, or the potential for physical and/or character damage to the Family Museum.
- Events may not be open to the public, and the renter may not charge admission.
- Use of meeting rooms and the facility in no way implies endorsement from the Family Museum. If a question is raised as to the objectives and activities of any organization, group or individual requesting use of the meeting rooms or facility, the Family Museum Board shall be the final authority in granting or refusing permission.
- Organizations may not advertise the use of the Museum facility in any way that implies sponsorship or endorsement by the Family Museum or the City of Bettendorf.
- Interpretation of this policy is left to the discretion of the Family Museum Director or her/his designee.
Rental arrangements can be made by calling (563) 344-4168 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private Party Catering Options
The Family Museum has had the privilege of working with caterers in the past who have enjoyed their experience at the Museum. They are familiar with the Family Museum’s floor plan and all of the preparation necessary to make an event at the Museum a success. You are welcome to use any food and beverage service you like; however may we suggest the following caterers who may make your event extra special:
2900 Devils Glen Road
Bettendorf, IA 52722